Sunday, June 7, 2009

and the days go on....

Tomorrow my little boy is 2 months old!! I am so sad that he growing up so fast, but at the same time it is so fun to watch him change and do new things. He also has his 2 month check up tomorrow. I can't wait to see how much he has grown. I think he is well over 12 lbs, and I know he is really long. He is in 3-6 month sleepers. They are a little big through his chest and arms, but he NEEDS them for his length. My husband said it was time to go up to a bigger size earlier this week, when he could barely straighten his legs in his 0-3 month sleeper. It was kind of funny, but I felt bad at the same time. Now, I am also noticing that a lot of his one piece outfits no longer fit either, they are all to short. So yesterday and today, I drefted all of his 3-6 month clothes, although a lot of them won't fit him yet.

Camden is now officially on strictly formula. I quit pumping last week. It was a tough decision, but pumping was becoming a waste. I wasn't even getting a bottles work after pumping 3 times in a day. My last straw, was going 8 hrs, not feeling full and only getting a ounce in a half after pumping. He finished up everything I had frozen this week. I still feel guilty and wish I was still actually nursing, but what can a girl do? I would have to have him on formula by the time I went back to work, anyway. And that is in 3 wks. It is what it is. He is happy and healthy and that is all that really matters.

Tomorrow, we also are going back to the 2 places we are considering for daycare. One is a actual daycare, and the other is a at home day care. They both have pros and cons. But, I think I like the at home provider better. It is a lot farther away from our house then the other place but it is worth it. Oh, I can't believe I go back to work in 3 wks. Before I went on leave, 12 wks seemed like an eternity to be off. Boy, was I wrong, it is not long enough at all. I wish I lived in Norway, where you get paid to take the first year off. Wouldn't that be nice?!?!

Until tomorrow I leave you with a little cutie pie, named Camden!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

I know giving up BF was hard for you. The same thing happened to me. I had to supplement from the get-go. Then, I never really produced. It definitely wasnt worth the stress. You'll probably freek out the first time he catches a cold...I did. I kept thinking, "Why didn't I BF longer?" But, like you said, it is what it is, and let me tell you...if he is in a larger daycare, a cold is bound to happen sooner than later.

Happy 2 Months Camden! My little boy will be FOUR MONTHS Wednesday. And he is already in 6-9 months clothes. Seriously? Where has the time gone, and how do we make it stop????