Tuesday, May 5, 2009

4 wk tomorrow

where does the time go? I can't believe that it has been 4 wks tomorrow since I gave birth. YIKES!! Nor can I seem to find the time to get anything done: My house is a mess, I have never ending laundry, and every time I start something, Mr. Camden seems to need something. But I wouldn't change it for the world. So here is what is new in our lives:

Breast feeding: Love it and hate it all in the same breath. I love the bonding time with Camden, but I hate how much it hurts. I have had problems since he has come home from the hospital. My little piggy latched on like a champ. the first weekend he was so hungry and my milk wasn't in, and due to him eating every 2 hrs for at least an hour, he did some serious damage. Like, my nipp.les were cracked, scabbed, and bleeding. Now I am sure I am not the first or last one to experience that, but it hurt so bad for him to latch. I did stick it out, but it never got better because of the damage he did. So after talking to the lactation consultant she suggested that I take a week off and strictly pump to let them heal. That was last Sunday. They suggested that I do not feed him a bottle myself, well that was not possible due to the fact my husband works during the day. So I got him to finally take one from me (this was next to impossible-he looked at me like I was on crack.) Now, to go back to nursing I would have to start all over, and due to the fact I am pumping, for some reason my milk supply has gone down, so we have had to supplement 2 oz every feeding with formula. So I think nursing is behind us, I'm still going to continue to pump and mix with formula until I go back to work. And I really hate pumping, but I just can't let go of it. I envy those people that can nurse with no problems, I would have loved for it to have been that easy for me.

We have had company for almost everyday for the last 4 wks. I think today, and one or maybe two days last week, were the only days someone didn't stop by. It has been nice, but it is also nice to have a day where I don't need to shower and get ready. That probably sound disgusting, but getting ready always seems to be a production. I used to get up, shower, get dressed, eat breakfast, and make it to work all in an hour. Now, it takes me at least two by the time I pump, feed Camden, change few diapers and get him dresses. Boy, oh boy, my priorities have changed.

Hubby and I are going on our first date since the baby on Thursday. We are going to see Bil.ly Jo.el and El.ton Joh.n. I am so excited to see this show, but I am really nervous to leave for that long. I have left to run to the store or go pick up food, leaving him home with my hubby for an hour tops. And I have left on 2 shopping trips with my cousin, but we were gone not even 3 hrs. Thursdays show is almost 4 hrs long and hubby would like to go early and grab a bite to eat or get a drink. I know I need to go and enjoy, I just hope that I am not thinking about how my child is doing the whole time. Hubby called my mom to come and babysit a month before we even bought the tickets. So she is coming down for the night, so he will be in good hands.

We are heading to my parents house for the weekend. Sunday is Mothers day, but it is also hubby's birthday. So we are celebrating both. I will check in later this week and update any new and exciting events. I will leave you with a few pictures:

I love this picture, although my hubby may kill me for posting it. These are the two loves of my life. I put Camden down on my pillow and told hubby to keep him company while I went to grab a bottle. I was gone 3 minutes and returned to find both sleeping and Camden curled around his head. It was too cute!


Camden seems to be in love with his sea horse. He coos and talks to it for hours-seriously. This toy is awesome because it sings 5 songs before it turns off, glow worm not so much. And yes, his hair will not go down, so it sticks up unless it is wet.


Camden not know exactly what to make of tummy time, although he doesn't seem to mind it

4 comments:

Elaine said...

Oh my gosh...he is just the cutest thing! I laughed out loud at your comment on his hair! My goodness! That is so funny! My little man has a little mullet forming on the nape of his neck,so I guess we both are having hair issues. Don't beat yourself up over the BF and supplementing. I stuck it out for about 6 weeks, but I had to supplement the entire time. I would give forumla at night and nurse during the day. I never really had a good milk supply. It is hard to let it go because of the bonding experience. However, I promise, some new, exciting bonding experience will take it's place.

He's just adorable Mandy! I can't believe he's already 4 weeks. Kade will be 3 months on Sunday :(

Stacie said...

What a handsome little guy you have! I love all of the pictures.

I agree. Breastfeeding hurts. I did it for 8 months. It does get better, but it takes time and patience. I also agree that pumping is a pain the butt, but it's for a good cause. That's always a good motivating factor.

Sounds like you're doing an awesome job.

After 10 months, it's still hard to be away from my baby (unless I'm at work - since I have no choice).

Maylily18 said...

my son loves his seahorse too!

i just started reading your blog, so let me say congrats on your beautiful little boy! he's adorable!

CJ said...

Don't feel bad about breastfeeding either. It didnt' come that easy for me neither. Camden is so cute! Will you be going back to work?