Tuesday, May 19, 2009

one day at a time.......


This is the crabby child I have had on my hands for the last 10 days or so. But, I think we have turned the corner. Hopefully I am not jinxing myself by saying that. It started 2 fridays ago, he was fussing from the time he got up to the time he went to bed. It was so unlike him. We decided to give him an extra ounce at his feedings, which seemed to be the trick for about 3 days, and then it started all over again. I could never put him down, and when I did he would cry until he would choke and gage. It was terribly heart breaking! It was making me cry. He wasn't constipated, but it seemed that he was having some gas issues. He would still be burping and hour after his bottle. I contacted the pediatrician and we decided to switch his formula, although I was a little hesitant because I didn't want to make it worse. Anyway, we did that last friday. We switched to a sensative mix, which is slightly broken down. I also decided to switch to a different bottle because he didn't seem to get a good seal around the nipple. He always seemed to be leaking and sucking in air, not to mention it would take 30-40 minutes for him to take 4-5oz. I now have my happy baby back!! He seems to be adjusting to both very well. I don't know what was the cure, but he takes a bottle in about 15-20 minutes and he isn't gassy from it. Not to mention that he still isn't spitting up very often, so it has been a win, win situation. The only thing that sucked was the bottles were expensive and the formula is a little more expensive. It ends up being a latte less a week in cost, so really it's not a big deal. Personally, I wouldn't blink a eye if it cost me a $100 a week, as long as my little man is happy, it is all worth it to me.

So back to what is new:
I had my 6 wk check up this week, I am completely healed up. We talked a little about Birth control, when we want to have another baby, fertility drugs. yikes-I don't think I was ready to switch my thinking to having another one yet, I am still enjoying my 6 WEEK OLD. Anyway she did suggest that I don't take anything that will alter my hormones due to my PSOS and irregular cycles as it is. So we are going that route. We also decided that we will start back on the metformin when Camden is 6 months old. It will take me 6-8 wks to build up my normal dose. At that point I will go back in for testing to see what is happening, well to see if I am ovulating on my own.

Other than that, the last week had been pretty uneventful because of crabby man. I was home for mothers day and my husbands birthday. It was a nice break. My wonderful mother took all of the night feedings while I was home. So I just had to change him, make his bottle, and pump. I then got to go to bed, it was amazing!! It sad on how those little things make you feel like a new woman. I needed it, now I am recharged. Other than that we have been hanging out at home a lot.

This mothers day was in some ways bitter sweet. I have a new persective of the holiday, and thank god every day for my son. But, I also remember how much it hurt last year when every other mother was celebrating the holiday, and I was still dreaming of what it would be like. I kept thinking about all the woman out there struggling with IF and how much their hearts ache on a daily bases. And now there is a day of celebrating something they are privately mourning. Yet, I wonder if someday I will have to endure that frustration and pain again.

It is sad that my maternity leave is half over. Camden is 6 wks old today, it definitly doesn't seem that long ago. It is also crazy how much he has changed. To most people he is still a little baby, and to me he is this little guy with such personality. He screams the minute he decided he is hungry, he hates to burp and screams until he does, then wants the bottle bac-- now. He greets me in the morning with big smiles. He is starting to find his voice. He will let out a loud shreek, and smile and look around to see where it came from. He is getting chubbier cheeks then he already has, I just want to kiss them all day. He loves to cuddle and snuggle-I just never want him to grow up.

1 comment:

CJ said...

AWWWWWW. Time does fly by! He's a cutie!! :)