Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!

This thanksgiving I have so much to be thankful for"

First, and most importantly, I am thankful for my husband. He is amazing!! If you would have asked me 4 years ago, if I would be married ,I would have laughed. He is the most kind, sincere, gentle man I have ever met in my life. We connect on a level beyond my wildest dreams. He treats me like a queen. I thank my lucky stars everyday!! I am one of the luckiest girls to have such a wonderful man!

Second, I am thankful for my family. I come from a big family and I married into one. I have the most wonderful relationship with my mother and sister-they are my best friends! I can't imagine my life without them. I also love my in laws to death, they have been incredibly supportive through out our journey. But it doesn't' stop there. I have the most wonderful cousins who I have grown up with. They are more like sisters to me than cousins. They have been through it all with me, and that started back in my teens. They rock!!

And finally, I am so thankful that we are finally pregnant. Sometimes, I have to pinch my self to realize that this isn't a dream! A part of me doesn't know where to start with this subject. I am thankful for the RE's office. That our doctors gave us the expertise to give us the opportunity to be where we are. But most of all, the compassion the staff and doctors gave us along the way. We never had the horror stories others have had. They gave us what ever we needed and then some. And I will never forget the generosity of them giving us our fertility drugs to help us financially. We have insurance, although it doesn't pay for any type of fertility, so anything helps. And the cost of drugs could have killed us. I love them and would aways thank them for this miracle. I don't know if they will ever know the true effect they have on other people lives. I can't believe that 1 year ago, i was crying every night that this wasn't working. I never thought I would never have a child, at least not my own biological children. We are now officially 20 weeks, half way there. And we are having a baby boy. What a miracle!

4 comments:

nancy said...

Your RE's office GAVE YOU all your meds? Holy crap! My meds cost $4,025! And that was for JUST the IVF cycle, not including the drugs for our FET. Nor the PIO refills I had to get to continue taking them for all 13 weeks of our pregnancy.

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

mbrandt said...

What can i say - i am so glad for you two. You will make the best parents for you new little boy. Words will never describe how much you will love him and he will love you. Even just tody i was sitting on the couch with Payton - and he just looked at me and said, "mommy...I love you." and he didn't even want anything. The way your heart will just melt when the little guy will grab your finger for the first time and look into your eyes. i can't wait for you to experience these wonderful things!! Having children is the best thing ever...but just remember the word...epideral!! Just thought i would throw that in too. Love you two lots.

Melissa

Mom said...

Mandy and Justin,
As I sit here with tears blurring my vision I think about the amazing journey that you are beginning. Every stage of parenthood has its ups and downs. But I pray that you will rememeber all the ups of every stage as we do. Parenting as been the greatest adventure of our lives and we feel so blessed to be entering the next stage, grandparents. You are two amazing people and even went its not Thanksgivng remember to enjoy every step of the journey. We are with you all the way and send our prayers your way.
Love,
Love Mom and Dad T.

Elaine said...

I am so glad you are still going well! I just saw you were having a baby boy--how exciting. Too bad we don't live closer, our sons could be playmates. I've been a little MIA. As you soon will see, as the weeks begin to pass you'll find less and less time to blog. All I want to do is sleep!!!! Congrats again on your son-to-be! I'm so excited for you!