Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Believe it or not, I am still here

Well, I won't make excuses, I am just lazy! Our laptop died right around my last post and is still broke. I have an old desktop that is from right around the turn of the century, and we have it set up downstairs in our basement. It is a little on the slow side and just a pain. Our basement is unfinished, cold, and just not inviting. And do I have to mention I have to sit on a card table chair as I write this, which is not the most comfortable on my bottom. So that is why I haven't updated, so I am sorry. I am going to try to do better in the next few weeks.

So, the baby updates:
I had a appt yesterday, as you all know I am going weekly now, and I don't have much progress. I am a centimeter dilated and about 50% effaced. So some progress is better than none. He is in position, which he has been since our last u/s at 32 wks (I will get to that too.) Other than that, so far total weight gain has been about 23 lbs, although I feel like a blimp. I am definitely caring straight out in front of me. I have started to swell terribly. I have been getting a lot of questions about swelling, and of coarse I responded quickly in saying "no, I have a job where I am on my feet for 9 hrs a day, and have had to problems!" Boy I should have kept my mouth shut!! About two weeks ago, we had some friends over and were sitting at a table playing cards for about 4 hrs. Well I got us to use the restroom, and could hardly walk. My legs were the same size from my knees to my toes, it was terrible, and it hurt so badly. Now, I deal with this on a daily basis. My husband has been great in giving me foot and leg rubs with bee.s peppermint foot lotion-by bu.rts bee.s-highly recommend it, it is my only relief. I also have had to remove my wedding ring, which was a very sad day for me.

We had a U/S with our perinatologist at 32 wks, so about 5 wks ago. Everything looked great. I was so disappointed not to get any good 4d pictures again. He just doesn't sit still long enough for anyone to get any good shots. Our profile picture is even bad, although, I think we had a better tech the last time. The cp's in his head are gone, which is what is supposed to happen and his kidneys were both in normal range. They also told us that we should not need any additional follow up before or after the birth. This also includes him being whisked off to the nicu for tests, which was a big possibility. Needless to say, we were thrilled and relieved to hear that news.

The last couple of weeks have been a little crazy. Last weekend we traveled back to my in laws for the last time before the baby comes. We went back for my SIL baby shower and birthday-she is due 6 wks behind me. Her shower was beautiful. I truly hope she enjoyed every minute of it. We were also back home around February 15 for a few days for a family shower for us and just to spend a little quality time up there. It was a great weekend. Our shower was awesome-from the people that showed up, the food, gifts, everything. I couldn't have asked for a better day.

That same week I also spent some time back at my parents house. My dad is part of a organization that puts on a big fundraiser banquet that I have attended for the last 11 year. We also went and saw Wick.ed-loved it!!!!! My husband still can't get over the fact that the wicked witch of the west is not wick/ed. This is very depressing for him!! Other than that, we just hung out, did some baby shopping.

I know I am leaving a ton of stuff out, but I promise I will try to do better. Hope everyone is doing well and I will keep you posted on the events of the next 3 wks......


sara said...

So glad to see that you're doing well. I've been thinking about you. It's not long now...I'm so excited for you!

Elaine said...

Yay! I am glad you are back! We've missed you! Take care these next 3 weeks. Although it will be WONDERFUL to get your little man here, you'll miss those little kicks and punches that he is giving you. (I sure do!!)

Joy said...

New follower of your blog- glad to see a post!

And I'm glad to hear that his kidneys and brain are PERFECT and HEALTHY!!!

Miriam said...

Hi Mandy! I'm glad to hear that everything is going good for you and the baby.......I miss you and I'm happy to seeing you blogging again, so I can keep up with you!