Friday, December 19, 2008

I am a bad blogger!!

First of all, my computer sucks. For those of you that use the reader, mine won't load. I have cleaned out my cache and cookies, and still nothing! Any other suggestions? So, I've barely been able to read updates, much less comment on other peoples blogs. We are still working on it. Work has been crazy. It's the holidays, I work retail, so this isn't a shock. But with the economy, it's even harder. And to make matters harder, I have a cold from hell. I have no air movement in my nose. I know it sounds gross, but I can't breathe. I constantly feel like I need to blow it, but nothing comes out, yet it's running. I am miserable!! I look like Rudolf, my nose is red and kind of scabby from tissue.

This morning I woke up to 9 inches of snow on the ground, yes folks 9 inches. And it is not supposed to stop until around noon, by then we will have around a foot. We were supposed to open this morning at 9 am, and the store is opening at noon instead. I have no idea how people are going to get to work much less to the malls. The roads are barely plowed. We are supposed to get another storm tomorrow night, and then again on Tuesday. Thank god we have a snow blower. As I write, the plows just went by and the pile at the end of my drive way is at least 3 1/2 to 4 feet tall. I am praying that my neighbors do a good deed for the day and plow or shovel me out, because that is not something I can do at this point. If not, I guess I won't be going to work until my Husband gets home and digs me out.

On the baby front, things haven't really changed. I am still having a lot of problems with my rib cage. My neighbor is a physical therapist, and she had been working on stretching them. It has helped dramatically, but the problem isn't something that is going to go away. Her main goal for me it to make it bearable, which for the most part is working. But I can't sit for extended periods of time. I am a little nervous because we have tickets for the Wisconsin/Texas game on Tuesday and I really want to go, but don't know if I will be able to get through it. I am fine when laying down or standing, it is just sitting that bothers me. I also feel him a lot more, and all over my abdomen. I was only feeling him in my lower abdomen in the beginning, and I also know that my uterus wasn't that long. Now, he is all over the place. I also feel him standing, sitting, laying, it really doesn't matter. Before, I was only feeling him if I was laying or sitting. I am still really tired, I am assuming the anemia is a big cause of that. And then you compound my cold and my job with that and that spells e-x-h-a-u-s-t-i-o-n!

We are getting ready to travel this weekend for some holiday celebrations. On Saturday night we head to my family's house to spend a few days. I will be working on Sunday and then that night we will celebrate Christmas with my mom's side of the family and my immediate family later that night. It is kind of weird to me to be celebrating before Christmas, but we will enjoy it. Then later on Monday we will head back home for a few days. On Christmas eve we will head up to Dh's parents house to spend the holidays with them. Both Dh and I have to work the day after Christmas, so unfortunately we won't be able to stay anywhere to long. We both dream about having "normal" 8-5 jobs someday, when we can actually enjoy the holidays!! Actually I thing it bothers him more than me. I grew up with parents that worked holidays, so I don't know any better, and my job is pretty cushy!!

I changed my background, yet again. I was getting some complaints that it was hard to read. So for those of you that don't use google reader and actually go to my page let me know if this is better. In case I don't get back on here before the festivities, I hope you all have a great and safe holiday. I know I have so much to be thankful this season!!!

No comments: