Thursday, January 15, 2009

How crazy can people be?

It is freaking cold outside!! Today, it was a high of 0 degrees, yes that is ZERO! And that was before the wind chill is added to that! It is crazy! So, there is one thing that really bothers me......I work in a mall, I am a store manager. Today every school within 60 miles of me was cancelled because of the weather. Because CHILDREN should not be out when it is this cold. So we opened at 10 ,and about 15 minutes later there is a couple and their kids in the mall. One of the kids was about 2, and the other was about 3 months. Now, what in the world is so important that someone has to buy it TODAY and take there children out in the cold and risk their health and in some cases lives. I just don't get it, and we see it all the time. If we get 10 inches of snow, the majority of our customers are people with strollers and little kids, if not infants. Can't they just STAY HOME for the sakes of there kids. Am I just crazy or over reacting because I am pregnant? I had these opinions before I was pregnant, but they are definitely stronger now. I just don't get it. Okay, enough complaining!

Today, my SIL found out she is having a little girl. We are so excited, for her and my BIL. My husbands parents are in heaven. They get one of each, a grandson and a granddaughter, within 6 months of each other. Yeah for us!!!

3 comments:

The Christenson's said...

I came across your blog while I was doing some research about metformin and the brain. I have been in similar shoes as you. My son was born with a chorid plexus papilloma (brain tumor) in 2007. The tumor was removed in Jan 2008. I wish you all the best through the rest of your pregnancy and will pray for a healthy baby boy. You may contact me if needed.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/owenchristenson

mbrandt said...

There are alot of weird people out there for dealing with weather - but i can't always blame them...it is hard to stay home when you have to stay home with kids and you have things you want to go and do. I can probably say i am guilty of that now and then!! Your in-laws are lucky - we can't seem to get a girl on this side. Glad all is going well. Talk to you soon.

Jill said...

I remember crazy people like that from when I worked in retail. It seemed like the worse the weather got, the more people decided it was a good idea to go shopping... and I worked in a strip mall, so it wasn't even like they were going to a big enclosed building with lots of stores. I don't think I'll ever understand it!