Friday, April 3, 2009
A few more pictures, the bottom is my favorite.
So the conclusion is that it is most likely pupps, but it is not confirmed. I went to the dermatologist on Wednesday morning. She looked at it and said it definitely looked like PUPPS. The only way to get a definite conclusion is to have biopsies and blood work, but there is a catch. She needed to do 5 biopsies, 2 on the stomach, 1 around the breast, 1 on the legs, and 1 on my arms. She would actually numb me, and take a pinch of skin, and then put 2 stitches in each spot, and yes-this would leave a scar. She would not have the results back until at least next Tuesday. I also would need to have a blood test, which I had. The catch you ask-the results won't be back for at least 14 days. So after telling her that I was being induced on Wednesday morning, she agreed with me and said it really wasn't worth it. And 80% of all PUPPS cases come up inconclusive. It just doesn't make sense to put myself through that for nothing. So the last I heard she was trying to reach my doctor to tell her to induce earlier if I wanted. I haven't heard anything, so I am assuming Wednesday will be the day, unless he comes earlier. I have been terribly uncomfortable the last 2 days. Lots of braxtons and pelvic pressure. I actually came home from work early today, and I am only working a half day tomorrow. I never leave early!!! Hubby says he has to wait until 5 pm tomorrow, I just laugh. Although we are getting a terrible winter storm again tomorrow night so anything is possible!!