Thursday, April 23, 2009

where does the time go?

I can't believe my little guy is 2 wks old already, where does the time go? I am settling into a routine. Things have been going very well. We started a night time routine with Camden. Around 9 or so, I pump a bottle, and then we wake him at 9:30 (give or take) to give him a bath. Right now he doesn't like them at all! Although he does like his hair washed, then all hell breaks lose until we get his pj's on. Justin gives him a bottle and then he out for a good 4-5 1/2 hours. It has been great! We started his last week Friday and has worked awesome. Last night was probably his worse night. He went down at 10:30, was up at 2:30 until about 4:15, and then was up again at 6:30. If that is the worst, I will take it. He is starting to be awake a little more. He goes 2-3 hrs in the morning and evening of awake time, and then brief times during feedings. Yesterday was kind of sad for me. When we brought Camden home he barely fit in any newborn stuff-it was all so big on him. Yesterday when he got up for the day, he looked like he couldn't stretch his legs out, so i put 0-3 month stuff on him and it FIT! This is awesome because i have so many cute outfits that are that size, but so depressing that he is that big already. We have his 2 wk check up tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see how big he has gotten. After his appointment we are heading to my parents for the first time. I am a little nervous to do the drive by myself, but we will survive. We are just going for the night. Camden is going to meet his Great Grandparents for the first time. I am very excited for that!

5 comments:

Stacie said...

That hair! He is so beautiful. Time goes by far too quick when they're changing so rapidly.

Routines are awesome to have. My routine with my 10-month old daughter is constantly evolving.

Sounds like you've adjusted into motherhood just beautifully!

Elaine said...

I wish I could tell you that time slows down, but it only gets faster!!! I hate it...what can we do to make it stop?!? He's beautiful Mandy... I think he looks like his dad. So does my little man...funny, huh? We did all the work and they got all the credit!!!!!

The Boeckmann's said...

I like hearing your ideas on routine and stuff...and it is nice that Justin is able to give him a bottle before bed, I will have to make sure I do that as well. He is so cute and I think I am coming down with mom and dad the first weekend in May so I will get to see him again!!! I am pretty excited. Take care! I might call you this weekend just to chat...so you can tell me that the next 5 weeks will fly by.

Jess said...

Mandy...Congrats!! He is absolutely precious! It sounds like all is well with baby and the family:) I am so happy for you guys:)

Take care and congrats!
Jess Mader Dominguez

Mom said...

I can't believe how much he has changed. I can't wait to see him next weekend. Great Grandpa will be so proud of you.
How big was he at his two week check-up?
Love MOM T.